ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: reopen recently opened explorer windows, history, MRU

<< < (2/8) > >>

tmpusr:
Recent doesn't record opened and closed windows.  Dunno what it records. Save dialog folders? Anyway, you'd need some 'show folders only', filtered toolbar app to make even Recent work a bit, because the Explorer toolbars display everything.

This Window History/Recent Windows app could simply record the window title. If full path is used in Explorer's title, it'd be easy to get the path.

Directory Opus has folder history.

AndyM:
Recent doesn't record opened and closed windows. 
-tmpusr (September 05, 2006, 01:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're right.  I played with this and I had to open a file in the opened folder to have the folder's shortcut appear in Recent.

A utility to show recent windows would be pretty useful...

gebeleisis:
I want this app. Anyone knows AutoHotkey? I belive it could be done that way. I will try something, but I am just a noob...
Anywho, I think it's a great idea!

Peace out!

tmpusr:
http://www.baxbex.com/folderpilot.html

ewemoa:
Did anyone ever make progress creating (or finding) something relevant?

I thought about trying to make something with AHK but I haven't come up with what seems to me like a good way to do it -- not fond of polling windows explorer windows to gather path information and even if polling was satisfactory, I haven't thought of a way to decide what paths to count as associated w/ "closed" windows (may be tracking all paths would be satisfactory?).

Perhaps someone has some good ideas regarding this matter :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version