ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

wanted: file manager for moving files (possibly with speed limit)

<< < (2/2)

rjbull:
There's also Multi Commander (free, donationware), favourably mentioned by Shades in Re: Batch file to move files (less than total size) from A to B, along with a link to 26 third-party file managers.

But, from the OP, is a FM really what you want?  The task sounds rather like backup/directory synchronization, e.g. by something like Karen's Replicator (free, donationware)

brotherS:
In trying to remember the *Commander options, I ran across one that I think I'll try.  The price tag is a bit extreme (up there with DOpus), but it is a perpetual license, unlike DOpus. https://fman.io/
-wraith808 (January 26, 2021, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I used to use DOpus many years ago (loved it!), but there came a time where I couldn't justify the cost anymore, for what I used it for.

There's also Multi Commander (free, donationware), favourably mentioned by Shades in Re: Batch file to move files (less than total size) from A to B, along with a link to 26 third-party file managers.

But, from the OP, is a FM really what you want?  The task sounds rather like backup/directory synchronization, e.g. by something like Karen's Replicator (free, donationware)
-rjbull (January 26, 2021, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the link.

And yes, I want/need a file manager.  8)

tomos:
In trying to remember the *Commander options, I ran across one that I think I'll try.  The price tag is a bit extreme (up there with DOpus), but it is a perpetual license, unlike DOpus. https://fman.io/
-wraith808 (January 26, 2021, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
if you do try it, let us know how you get on  :up:

brotherS:
In its "Find" window (Ctrl-f) it does not seem to be possible to permanently disable "Search subdirectories", but other than that it's love at first sight. :-*
-brotherS (January 26, 2021, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
But at least one can use the Filter (Ctrl-F12) to only show matching files in a given folder.  :Thmbsup:

Just wanted to share that in case someone else is looking for that too. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version