ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Note Taking Software

SuperboyAC's Notetaking Software Roundup #1

<< < (2/13) > >>

rjbull:
Interesting summary.

One monitor I use is small, and best at 800 x 600.  I nearly went dizzy from scrolling the screen from side to side...

Suggest a bit more use of spelling checker: I think it's "hierarchy" not "heirarchy."

urlwolf:
Nice review! will read it with more detail later (dc credits your way, this must have being quite an ordeal).

BTW, what happened to oneNote? It's the one I use right now :) and I have seen several people defending it in the long thread... I think it's a major player that shouldn't be ignored. The outline features are outstanding. I'm talking about the 2003 version, the 2007 one seems to be much improved (I cannot say).

rjbull:
Jot+ Notes import feature:  wider than usual range of imports, including Treepad, KeyNote, AZZ Cardfile, Action Outline, MemPad, MasterCook, Vault, IE and Firefox bookmarks, etc.  Good range of exports but (naturally) doesn't export to its competitors' formats  ;)

Full listing here

mouser:
i was a real fan of jot+ in how simple and pleasent it was to use.

superboyac:
Thanks for all the kind words and everything, I just realized there were comments here!

message to superboyac - what happened to TexNotes (Pro) http://www.gemx.com/texnotes.php
-nudone (September 05, 2006, 03:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh!  I missed it, sorry.  I will have to add it to the second roundup that I do.  I'd add it to the current one, but I won't have the time for a couple of months.

Might be nice to include all of the programs that are in the first table in the feature table too, and not just the big 3. Maybe list the big 3 first and then the rest, and make the big 3 a dif color than the rest to make them stand out.
-app103 (September 05, 2006, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
True, I wanted to include more programs in the feature matrix.  That might also be something I'll expand in the next roundup I do.  The problem is that I'd have to become more familiar with the other software to be able to grasp the more detailed features.  I use Evernote, Surfulater, and Mybase a lot so I was familiar enough to easily make that matrix.

BTW, what happened to oneNote? It's the one I use right now :) and I have seen several people defending it in the long thread... I think it's a major player that shouldn't be ignored. The outline features are outstanding. I'm talking about the 2003 version, the 2007 one seems to be much improved (I cannot say).
-urlwolf (September 05, 2006, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh man!  I missed OneNote too!  I remember in the beginning of the thread, I wasn't too keen on OneNote.  However, I think that recently (after I had already finished this roundup) discussions increased about OneNote, and the next roundup will include it as a prominent player for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version