ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

'Culture question' about DonationCoder - How are things done here?

<< < (3/3)

publicdomain:
Hey! I find community coding rewarding since it is made for the benefit of the entire internet community (and mankind!-when you come to think about it )

I go by the "no-sweat support" rule: Any amount you can afford to contribute without making you sweat is OK -even $1. You can find your personal "no-sweat point" by going backwards: I'd be happy to support $100, $50, $20, $10, $5, $3, $1... when you hit the point that doesn't make you sweat, that's it

The golden rule being all support is opt-in, makes you happy to engage & leaves a warm gooey feeling in your heart since you know you're doing the right thing by supporting caring programmers & our free software community

Cheers from a happy & grateful,

Vic

Jasong222:
Hey! I find community coding rewarding since it is made for the benefit of the entire internet community (and mankind!-when you come to think about it [ Invalid Attachment ] )

Vic
-publicdomain (May 03, 2021, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Haha... Ok, I think I got it.  Thank you, everyone, for the input.  I got the 'donate what you can/feel is right' part down.  I was more just clarifying if there were any expectations around it.  Like with tipping in the US.  It's 'optional', but anything below 15% and people will think either there was something wrong or you're a jerk.  Also didn't want to piss off the first guy to pick up my first project.

And I have my answer, and I got it now.  Thanks everyone-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version