topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: LBC doesn't recognize and fails to handle some programs  (Read 3728 times)

Customix

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
LBC doesn't recognize and fails to handle some programs
« on: March 11, 2021, 01:58 AM »
Of the ~200 Links in my "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" Startmenu Folder most are OK in Launchbar Commander, but a few don't work as expected.
In the folders of the Dock they show a generic white icon and the *.exe isn't found. On right-click -> Properties it shows the correct path but when I click OK there's the error
'The target path is Invalid, make shure the path and filenames are correct'. If I choose 'Manual Search' the *.exe isn't visible in the opening window even so it's definitely there
when I look into the folder with the Windows File Explorer. The same happens if I try to add a 'Command  Node' in Launchbar Commander for this *.exe
None of this happens in other AppStarters like 'brun', 'PopSel', 'menuApp' or 'Spencer'. If I run LaunchBar Commander as Administrator I get the same errors, for these apps only:

MathInputPanel "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\mip.exe"
MemoryDiagnosticsTool "C:\WINDOWS\system32\MdSched.exe"
RecoveryDrive "C:\Windows\System32\RecoveryDrive.exe"
SnippingTool "C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe"
SystemConfiguration "C:\Windows\System32\msconfig.exe"
Windows-Fax and Scan "C:\Windows\System32\WFS.exe"
WinLED "C:\Program Files\WinLED\WinLED.exe"

Even so I can live with these few mishaps I wonder why this is and if there's a solution.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 02:04 AM by Customix »

Customix

• Participant
  • Joined in 2021
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LBC doesn't recognize and fails to handle some programs
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 11:23 AM »
For MathInputPanel "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\mip.exe"
I fixed the problem by copying the folder ..\ink to the windows folder and adjusting the link path to the c:\windows\ink\mip.exe (that has no spaces in the name)
For MemoryDiagnosticsTool, RecoveryDrive, SnippingTool, SystemConfiguration and Windows-Fax and Scan
I fixed the problem with .cmd files, syntax 'start c:\windows\system32\*.exe' extracted the icons and applied them to links to the *.cmd files
For WinLED I changed the link c:\program files\winled\winled.exe to my german windows path c:\programme\winled\winled.exe (that has no spaces in the name)

So it seems links with a space in their path name and links to several programs in the windows\system32 folder don't work for LaunchBar Commander. Fix?