ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is it possible to work on two laptops from the screen of one of these laptops?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Contro:
I remember even I can connect with my android mobile to write faster.
Then comes the web app for whatsapp and I have my keyboard forgotten.
It was an expensive keyboard....
 :-[

wraith808:
I am a bit disappointed that no one suggested a KVM switch.

I think this is the cheapest and easiest solution with almost no latency. I am not sure why no one knew about that.
-kalos (February 21, 2021, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is the reason that you've been advised several times to do your research first on your own.  Only you will know the full parameters of what will work for you, and people are likely to dismiss things that might be perfect for you, simply because they're not you.

Shades:
Because a KVM switch was not asked for. And no, no expensive routers or anything were required with the software solutions provided here.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

4wd:
So far you've been provided about 5 possible solutions, but you obviously haven't tried any of them yet.-Ath (February 21, 2021, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Welcome to the Kalos Zone.

The output ports can be connected to a monitor and a keyboard but ideally, I would like to connect them to my laptop.-kalos (February 21, 2021, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

You want to connect the monitor output to your laptop, fine, add a HDMI->USB adapter so you can plug the KVM HDMI output back into your laptop ... laptop HDMI ports are rarely bidirectional.
Then you've also got to run a program that captures that input and displays it.

As for the USB, you want to connect a USB host to a USB host, do some research on why that won't work.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. -Shades (February 21, 2021, 04:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Trust me, you are not alone ... except I would drop the 'Sometimes'  ;)

I am a bit disappointed that no one suggested a KVM switch.

I think this is the cheapest and easiest solution with almost no latency. I am not sure why no one knew about that.-kalos (February 21, 2021, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't assume no one knew about something because they kept to the constraints in your original post.

A KVM was not suggested because it requires extra hardware, (keyboard/monitor).

Another idea that doesn't meet your initial requirements, virtual KVM, eg. Synergy, Mouse Without Borders, Input Director.

kalos:
Can someone suggest please a cheap ready to use solution?

E.g.:
I can buy a cheap wifi portable router or access point to use it as dedicated to interconnect my laptops.
I can then use a portable free for commercial use software to control my laptops from my main laptop.

Can you suggest a setup?

Ideally, I would like to have my laptops' lids closed and still fully operate them (e.g. video, audio, navigation etc), would that be possible?

Because I have limited space to have all laptops open and also I cannot install proprietary things in the laptops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version