ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

How to disable auto ScreenShotCaptor software updates

(1/2) > >>

user7989:
Ever since the last 3 or so updates, pressing the hotkey to take a capture causes the screen to change resolution.  In other words, the screen gets magnified.  This means that I can not take a screenshot of what I want to, because the part that I want, is now off the screen.

So I found an older version[4.31.1], and it works just fine.  I keep it handy, so that when the software auto-updates, I can tear that out and install the kept version, that is well behaved.

So where do I disable the automatic updates?

TIA

mouser:
While SC will not automatically perform updates, it will by default CHECK for updates on startup.  You can disable that by unchecking the last checkbox on the "Startup Options" tab:

mouser:
Can you tell me which version of SC you have where this behavior of the magnified window does not happen?

tomos:
Can you tell me which version of SC you have where this behavior of the magnified window does not happen?
-mouser (January 14, 2021, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
I found an older version[4.31.1], and it works just fine. I keep it handy, so that when the software auto-updates, I can tear that out and install the kept version, that is well behaved
-user7989 (January 14, 2021, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm a bit confused by the OP though as SC does not auto-update...

user7989:
-mouser (January 14, 2021, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version