ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

quickdoclauncher.exe

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
@mouser: Ah, I see. Thanks. That is useful, then.
I had tried using it incorrectly - as a Windows app. - just to see what happened, and it sat there rapidly replicating instances of itself and wouldn't stop. (In the end, I used Process Tamer to kill them all.)

mouser:
just to see what happened, and it sat there rapidly replicating instances of itself and wouldn't stop.
--- End quote ---
That shouldn't happen, but then again i never tested calling it without any commandline options.. I guess it became self-aware and wanted to reproduce itself.. Good thing you killed it before it took over planet earth.

IainB:
...Good thing you killed it before it took over planet earth.
-mouser (October 06, 2017, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, it wasn't runaway, but sort of "flickering" - spawning up to 5 or so processes and then no more, but each time I shut one or several down in Process Hacker, it spawned some more, quicker than I could shut them down in Process Hacker.

I did wonder whether it was going for world domination, like that firewall app. that I reviewed a while back.
In the end though, I took it down using another app from the world famous @mouser stable - Process Tamer.
That sorted it out PDQ.    :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version