ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > DonationCoder.com Newsletters

Special Newsletter for Jan 10, 2021 - NANY 2021 WRAP-UP AND A NEW PROJECT

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
Special Newsletter for Jan 10, 2021"Codename: NANY 2021 AND A NEW PROJECT"

Greetings, and welcome to a short but special DonationCoder newsletter, containing only two items:

1. NANY 2021

Since 2007 site we have run a friendly event called "NANY" (New Apps for the New Year), where we invite forum visitors to help us celebrate the new year by releasing a new freeware program on the first day of the new year.  We typically get a variety of entries -- some are genuinely useful tools designed to be shared widely, and some are programming exercises for new users.  There's no winners or losers; all participants receive a free and fancy DonationCoder NANY Mug.  The 2021 entries are in and we've posted a long wrap-up describing them.

* Start Here: NANY 2021 Wrap-up
* Or visit the NANY 2021 forum section to browse submissions

2. Co-op for Two: My new YouTube channel

The second item is a secret project I’ve been working on for the last few months, that I'm really excited to unveil. It’s a YouTube channel where a good friend and I play and discuss cooperative board games. The channel is called “Co-op for Two” and it just now went live:

* https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVhDxIFwwaaeb7nZ4cWA3tw
I realize it’s completely different from the programming content you are used to seeing from me on DonationCoder for the last 15 years, but I hope you’ll check it out and let me know what you think.  Be gentle, I’m not used to having my face and voice out in public!

ps. We’re trying the Patreon thing (link here) -- where we ask people to pledge a couple of bucks a month to the channel if they want to support it.  My co-host Gregg doesn’t believe that anyone will want to do that, but I am hoping you guys will prove him wrong and throw a few bucks our way.  Or at least consider subscribing to the channel if the content interests you, to help me convince Gregg not to give up before we get it off the ground.

Here's hoping that 2021 will be a year of less stress and more interesting new projects for everyone!

kunkel321:
The Co-op for Two thing does look fun!  I will check it out. 
I hate to tell you though, but that "Dead Men Tell No Tales" game looks like it might be pirated... 
Ha!  I made a funny. 

ceebu:
All the best for your new youtube channel !!

relipse:
Good luck on your new youtube channel, I tried video streaming for a while but just quit because I lost interest!
Please don't stop coding in BCB though! We need your apps too!

Contro:
 ;D
Going to suscribe to the youtube channel of course.
 :-* :P

I am watching : Video Course 2 - Room and Gear Setup. A marvellous video.
 :-* :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version