ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > PublicDomainVic

URLplayer thread

<< < (2/5) > >>

nkormanik:
Thanks much, Vic.  Another thing I noticed is that URLplayer does not yet allow for opening JUST ONE tab of the browser (in my case, Edge -- seemed Chrome was suddenly sort of misbehaving on various fronts...).  Instead, multiple tabs are being opened, one per URL.  Perhaps that's unavoidable.  Since I am downloading so many files, it would be necessary to have the option of just a single tab being repeatedly used.  (Possible with the Waterfox/Firefox extension Flem, now history...)

publicdomain:
My pleasure! :)

it would be necessary to have the option of just a single tab being repeatedly used.
-nkormanik (January 14, 2021, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just checking... would closing & re-launching browser with new URL suffice?

There's a bit more of a delay yet it's certain to use only one tab to save memory.

Cheers!

nkormanik:
Great, Vic.  Glad you are still game.

Probably users in general would not want to be reloading their browsers.  But, I don't have a problem with doing that.

Actually, a clever idea.

If unloading browser is accepted, URLplayer may be usable presently -- except for needing a much, much larger list allowance.

If I am orchestrating the whole works on my system, I can tell my macro program (presently MacroExpress) to unload the browser -- after, say, two minutes (to download a .pdf file).  After browser is unloaded, go back to URLplayer, and load the next URL in the list.  Which will fire up the browser again, and go to the subsequent page (or download the next pdf in line).

So, what we would have is a nice 'semi-automatic', with a really long clip.

publicdomain:
Great, Vic.  Glad you are still game.-nkormanik (January 16, 2021, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Always happy to assist! :)

If unloading browser is accepted, URLplayer may be usable presently-nkormanik (January 16, 2021, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sweet! Browser closing is programmed (Source: MainForm.cs).

I'm adding some more code to publish new release (save settings, open/import URL file, always on top).

except for needing a much, much larger list allowance.-nkormanik (January 16, 2021, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Default MaxLength limit is addressed now.

If I am orchestrating the whole works on my system, I can tell my macro program (presently MacroExpress) to unload the browser -- after, say, two minutes (to download a .pdf file).  After browser is unloaded, go back to URLplayer, and load the next URL in the list.  Which will fire up the browser again, and go to the subsequent page (or download the next pdf in line).

So, what we would have is a nice 'semi-automatic', with a really long clip.
-nkormanik (January 16, 2021, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hope we can make things easier on your end.

Thanks for working along Nick! It helps improve our software which in turn helps other fellows around :Thmbsup:

Vic

publicdomain:
URLister v0.2.0:

Download page: https://www.dcmembers.com/publicdomainvic/download/urlister-v0-2-0/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version