ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software to easily and quickly browse a sound library (and hear previews)?

(1/3) > >>

Deozaan:
Hi all,

I've gathered a bit of a sound library which has grown so large over the years that it makes it hard to know what I have, and where. I'd like some software that can help me quickly browse and preview the sound files. Bonus points if it can help me organize (and tag?) the files as well.

When I say "sound library" I don't mean music for personal enjoyment. I mean sound effects, jingles, voice tracks, or audio tracks for video games (or just videos, I suppose).

Surely people who do video editing for a living have some software that helps manage sound libraries. Any suggestions out there for what I can use?

Compatibility with Windows is needed. Preferably free/open source, but I'm open to affordable paid options if you have experience with them and feel they're worth it. This is mostly for hobby stuff, so expensive professional software is probably not feasible for my use case.

Thanks in advance.

Dormouse:
Reaper has a Media Explorer. It's enough for most users, though some don't like way it looks/works.

Free if you decide to carry on using it without paying after the two months trial,  which is what most users do. As it's a DAW, the media explorer is only a tiny part of its functionality.

Simple it isn't, but I doubt you'd have difficulty with the media explorer.

4wd:
The standalone version of Daminion (Digital Asset Manager), is still free, (AFAIK), with the restriction of 15000 items per catalogue, (you can have multiple catalogues).

The latest version is available for download here.

irkregent:
A freeware program named "1by1" might be worth a look:
https://mpesch3.de/1by1.html
I am not sure it handles tagging, but claims to make it quite easy to scroll through files and listen to them.

anandcoral:
A freeware program named "1by1" might be worth a look:
https://mpesch3.de/1by1.html
I am not sure it handles tagging, but claims to make it quite easy to scroll through files and listen to them.
-irkregent (December 10, 2020, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
I agree with irkregent and I use 1by1 for such requirement.
Small and fast.

Regards,

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version