ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Possible bug in Find and Run?

(1/7) > >>

jacques0:
Newbie here. 

I have keyboard shortcuts set up for MANY programs, using the built-in Windows ability enabled by going to the shortcut to the program/file, then going to the properties sheet for that shortcut (Right-click/Properties, Right-click-R, or Left Alt-Double Click), then using the Shortcut tab to set a shortcut key for the file.  For example, CTRL-ALT-N (or Right-ALT N) launches Notepad, Rt-ALT W launches AdAWare, Rt-ALT Y launches SpYbot, etc.   

Now, I am totally impressed with Find and Run and I would absolutely be willing to contribute to its success, except for one problem:  As soon as I run F&R all of my keyboard shortcuts are disabled until the next boot or re-boot.  In other words (using the above examples) pressing Rt-ALT N, etc. does nothing. 

Certainly F&R is an extraordinarily useful program, but pressing 2 keys (Rt-ALT + something else) is faster than pressing Break, then typing in a couple letters, then pressing the numerical digit.  If F&R did NOT disable my already-configured shortcuts, then it would be a "must have" program.

I hope I am either missing something, or that this problem can be fixed on a future release.  I WANT to use it!

Any suggestions?

mouser:
thank you for the bug report - while i've never heard of this bug before,

the ability to change keyboard shortcut is something that is long overdue, and i will release a new version in next day or two that let's user configure hotkey to whatever they want and solves your problem with other shortcuts.

catching the 'break' key was actually  a lot more work than normal keyboard shortcut responding, so it's probably interfering with your other hotkeys (not sure why it's not affecting others but still i'm sure that is the cause).

anyway, i will be uploading a fixed version in next day or two, which solves your problem so don't give up.

jacques0:
Mouser...Thank you for the quick reply.  I want to make sure that my post was not misunderstood:  I am NOT dissatisfied with the "Break" hotkey.  Instead, I am concerned that my usual keyboard shortcuts have been disabled after I run Find and Run Robot.  If you can fix this problem, it will be a permanent part of my computer.

Thanks again.

mouser:
i will still leave the break key as an option.

mouser:
jacques0,

ok i see now you are saying f&r is interrupting not with a 3rd party hotkey system, but rather the windows internal hotkey handling.

the windows shortcut hotkeys all work for me even with f&r running, but i'd like to see if i can figure out what might be causing your troubles.

one question, if you exit f&r from the system tray (make sure its not shown in the system tray), do your hotkeys start working again?

what operating system do you have?

do you have any other hotkey manager running?

and does the break key actually work to launch f&r or not?

also one other thing, if you dont mind trying: if exiting f&r restores your hotkeys, or if you are feeling experimental, disable the "start with windows" option in f&r and try both different "tray-bases" ways of starting f&r from start menu and see if they both have this effect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version