ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How do you get melted rubber out of carpeting???

<< < (2/6) > >>

4wd:
For anything gooey I've always had good results with anything that contains eucalyptus oil, (wool wash, etc), plus it smells nice.

wraith808:
No one is saying the obvious answer.  You don't.  :o

Shades:
Re-carpet the whole room. If there is a budget for it, you can perhaps sell the re-carpetting as a "refreshing" surprise house improvement to your better half.

Or in case you have grand children, you can let them "strategically" play with messy stuff in that area en let the wife "discover". But I was reading you already have found the "volunteer" who is taking one for the team...  ;)

Or invest in a comfortable couch/guest bed and undergo her wrath.  :P

Deozaan:
In Soviet Russia, carpet gets melted rubber out of you!

Stoic Joker:
No one is saying the obvious answer.  You don't.  :o
-wraith808 (December 06, 2020, 07:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I kinda started there … Hence the "Bat Signal" post for help..  ;)

Re-carpet the whole room. If there is a budget for it, you can perhaps sell the re-carpetting as a "refreshing" surprise house improvement to your better half.

Or in case you have grand children, you can let them "strategically" play with messy stuff in that area en let the wife "discover". But I was reading you already have found the "volunteer" who is taking one for the team...  ;)

Or invest in a comfortable couch/guest bed and undergo her wrath.  :P
-Shades (December 06, 2020, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not in the budget, not low enough to blame it on the kids (dog is a "gray area"...), and hell no.  :D

In Soviet Russia, carpet gets melted rubber out of you!
-Deozaan (December 06, 2020, 11:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

In context Siberia may be warmer than the reception getting busted would create.

For anything gooey I've always had good results with anything that contains eucalyptus oil, (wool wash, etc), plus it smells nice.
-4wd (December 06, 2020, 06:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that is an interesting and potentially useful suggestion - especially in contrast to the rest of these clowns - are you lost or something? :)

But seriously, thanks to all for chiming in - I did get most of it out with the paint thinner so at least it isn't getting tracked all over the house anymore. Although I may take a run at the eucalyptus thing later..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version