ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How do you get melted rubber out of carpeting???

(1/6) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Greetings,
   So... From the before I have to ask (or tell...) my wife … How do you get melted rubber out of carpeting?!? The rubber feet on a computer had disintegrated over time into a sticky mess, that I didn't notice until after setting in on the floor in the office leaving two (actually 6 now) sticky black rubber goo dots on the carpet that are getting tracked everywhere (pets..).

Any ideas on how to resolve (no pun intended) this issue - Preferably before I get shot.

TIA

Stoic Joker

Deozaan:
This is a guess from my part, but I've had good luck getting goo off of things with Goo Gone. Though, I'm not sure whether or not that will eat through your carpet. So be sure to read the label.

x16wda:
Can you match the carpet nap on a 3d printer? If so then scissors and print...

Stoic Joker:
This is a guess from my part, but I've had good luck getting goo off of things with Goo Gone. Though, I'm not sure whether or not that will eat through your carpet. So be sure to read the label.
-Deozaan (December 06, 2020, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not quite that kind of gooey (much thinner), but kind of in the direction I was headed - which is out to the garage for paint thinner...

Can you match the carpet nap on a 3d printer? If so then scissors and print...
-x16wda (December 06, 2020, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Um... No. But at least I'm now laughing..  :D :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
Okay... Looks like blotting it with a paper towel soaked in mineral spirits got it down to a dull enough roar that I can blame on the dog...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version