ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2021

NANY 2021 Entry: Free Movies (website)

(1/4) > >>

app103:
NANY 2021 Entry Information
Application Name Movies - Watch online for FREE! Short Description Directory of movies that can be streamed online for free. Supported OSes any Web Page https://scarytaskbar.com/movies/ System RequirementsA modern browser
Author app103

Description

This is a directory of movies that can be streamed online, for free. No movies are hosted, instead links to sites are provided, with an emphasis on sites where the movies can be streamed legally, for free. Occasionally, Youtube links are included, especially when they are of good quality and the video players can be embedded into the page, regardless of if they are officially licensed by the uploader or not. Movie providers are sites such as Pluto, Crackle, TubiTV, Plex, Archive.org, Youtube, Roku, Popcorn Flix, Peacock, IMDBtv, and a few others.

I built this mainly because I was automating the importing of things I watch to one of my social media profiles, and there was an interest from subscribers there for links where they can watch those movies online. I figured if I am going to go through the trouble to do that, I might as well go all the way and build a movie website. :)

Features

* List by genre or year.
* Search for a movie using title or keywords
* Editor's Choice list (these are movies I really liked)
* Alphabetical list page
* Facebook page where you can subscribe to be alerted to a new movie every day, 6PM EST.
Individual movie pages have info, including the following

* genre list
* year
* MPAA rating
* visitor star rating (1-5 stars) (please rate the movies you watch)
* Description
* Embedded video player (when possible)
* List of sites where it can currently be streamed for free

Planned Features
Adding lots more movies!

Right now, I am currently adding lots of Christmas themed movies (comedy, drama, horror, etc.), since that's the next holiday coming up.

If there are any specific features you would like to see added, I am open to suggestions.

Also, if there are any specific movies you want to see added, send me a message via the Contact page on my site, and I'll see if I can find links for it.

Screenshots
Blank spaces are where the ads and/or video players would normally be embedded.

Main page:

Individual movie page:

Usage
Installation
No installation needed. It's a website.

Using the Application
It should be fairly intuitive. If you can't figure it out, let me know, because that would be a sign that I need to make it more intuitive.

Tips

If you have any troubles viewing a movie on a destination site, such as the video will not play or the destination page will not load correctly, try turning off your ad blocker or using a different browser. Some sites, such as Peacock, only seem to want to work in the most popular browsers, and not others. Chrome is usually a safe bet.

Known Issues

- Embedded Youtube videos do not work in Opera browser on Android. (I believe this is an Opera issue)

- Sometimes links go dead. If that happens, and there are no current valid source links, I will remove all links till I find new sources. Since the site is still new, I am not removing individual movie pages when links are removed. However, I will start doing that once the search engines like the site more. So, you may come across the occasional movie that can't be streamed for free, at this time.

- Provided video links can be viewed in US/Canada. If you run into a country restriction, try using a VPN or proxy with a US/Canada IP address.

tomos:
Looks great App, impressive collection :up:

wraith808:
Very nicely done!  How long have you been working on this... it looks like a massive project!

anandcoral:
Massive work ! Looks like a team work.

Congrats  :Thmbsup:

Regards,

Anand

app103:
How long have you been working on this... it looks like a massive project!
-wraith808 (December 19, 2020, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Since early September. But adding movies was much slower back then, because I limited it to only those movies that I have actually watched. But I am good at finding free stuff, and that includes heaps that I personally have no use for, so also including movies I haven't watched (and probably won't), seemed like a better idea. As of right now, there's 347 movies listed.

Looks like a team work.
-anandcoral (December 19, 2020, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, just me and my love for free stuff & movies. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version