ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

fSekrit 1.40 quarantined by Windows 10

<< < (3/5) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Do you have a copy of that?
-wraith808 (November 11, 2020, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I should... The question is where?

f0dder:
Seems like anything packed with UPX makes AV go squirrel shit.
-Stoic Joker (November 11, 2020, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sigh.

fSekrit uses PECompact and not UPX, but same same :)

I did ponder a bit whether to continue using executable compression – one of the points of fSekrit is to be tiny, but the savings might not be worth it compared to hassle from shitty AV software... And the 1.40 exe would still be < 100kb without compression.

brotherS:
Caution: Theory Ahead

Maybe it's just that the encrypted contents of the file now match the file pattern of Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml and rearranging the order of the information would 'fix' the problem?
-4wd (November 10, 2020, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've already excluded the fSekrit folder from AV checks ... 8) but ...

Seems like anything packed with UPX makes AV go squirrel shit.
-Stoic Joker (November 11, 2020, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sigh.

fSekrit uses PECompact and not UPX, but same same :)

I did ponder a bit whether to continue using executable compression – one of the points of fSekrit is to be tiny, but the savings might not be worth it compared to hassle from shitty AV software... And the 1.40 exe would still be < 100kb without compression.
-f0dder (November 12, 2020, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
...maybe a 1.41 release would help, where the only change would be "now without compression, with greetings to AV software"?  :D

wraith808:
...maybe a 1.41 release would help, where the only change would be "now without compression, with greetings to AV software"?
-brotherS (November 12, 2020, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed!  I could compile it myself, but I'm too lazy  ;D

f0dder:
So, to build an uncompressed version of fSekrit 1.x that's similar to the released version...

I think I still have the vc2003toolkit installer somewhere, which will hopefully work on Win10... Iirc that also includes the header files and import libraries.
And then there's the issue of using SCons for building – if I can still find a matching version of Python and the SCons distribution that'll work.

This is yet another occasion I'm embarrassed work on 2.x got stranded  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version