ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

fSekrit 1.40 quarantined by Windows 10

<< < (2/5) > >>

wraith808:
Report it, I guess?
-wraith808 (November 10, 2020, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Since the file contains personal information I'd rather not send it to Microsoft.  8)

-brotherS (November 10, 2020, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I reported to get it unflagged by Symantec, I sent them fsekrit, explained what it does and that the flagged exe was created by this software.  They unflagged it, and I haven't had any problems since.

f0dder:
Before heading off to work (yep, after 6+ months of f'ing lockdown, we've been back to an office for a couple of months now!):

Does this also happen with a freshly downloaded copy of fSekrit, or only the one with your encrypted data? If it's the latter, 4wd has a point... and somebody needs to get their shit together and do more precise signatures

Stoic Joker:
Not sure if current issue, but I was having the same issue awhile back with the compressed version. With or without contents made no difference, but the compressed version got ate immediately. I finally compiled a fresh uncompressed copy, and haven't had an issue since.

Seems like anything packed with UPX makes AV go squirrel shit.

Just a thought..

x16wda:

-Stoic Joker (November 11, 2020, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
This.

There isn't such a need for it these days anyway.

wraith808:
Not sure if current issue, but I was having the same issue awhile back with the compressed version. With or without contents made no difference, but the compressed version got ate immediately. I finally compiled a fresh uncompressed copy, and haven't had an issue since.

Just a thought..
-Stoic Joker (November 11, 2020, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you have a copy of that?

Also submitted reteam.org as a FP.  Malwarebytes blocks it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version