topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Quick-Capture Bar Will Not Display -- [FIXED] [possible suggestion?]  (Read 1721 times)

tekknokat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Hello

I am using Windows 10 and Screenshot Capture 4.36.1, I believe it's the latest non beta version.  When I try to display the Quick-Capture bar by right-clicking the option in the system tray icon, it will not display.  I have tried closing Screenshot Captor and re-launching it, also rebooting Windows 10 since it has been running for 1 day and 19 hours.  I use this "gaming PC" as a media player for living room PC, and the 2nd monitor as the "Main Display" in Windows 10 settings, so that all task bars, folders, and apps launch in the small display that sits on the desk where I work.  Videos I launch in the MPC-BE are displayed on the living room television, but they are mostly processed by the GPU, not the CPU which is running the apps where I am at the desk.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  The Quick-Capture bar is very helpful.  I don't see a keyboard shortcut or hotkey to open it, I can only click on the system icon and select the Quick-Capture bar from the menu it shows me.

Update:
I found the Quick-Capture bar on the 2nd monitor.  I feel foolish for not checking there before.  I tried so many things and it now seems an obvious place to check.  Since Windows 10 makes so many exceptions for what you can, or CANNOT do rather on the 2nd display (television), it seems like a programmer might be able to code the ability to only allow the Quick-Capture bar on the "Main" display ONLY, or at least make it an option in the Preferences, if it is not already there.  I couldn't find it, doesn't mean it isn't there, just means my aging 50 year old brain, with years of adult partying in my 20s couldn't find it.  That means my brain has been impaired by almost a decade of excessive alcohol consumption, and medication for depression and various other medical conditions that have made an impact on mental focus.  If it's there I overlooked it, apologies.

I must congratulate Screenshot Capture's developer(s), Mouse is it?  This is by far the most amazing screenshot application for Windows 10 I have ever tried.  It is very thorough and offers every option that one might need when capturing screenshots.  Thank you for developing this advanced screenshot application.

Regards,

Nathan Alan

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quick-Capture Bar Will Not Display -- [FIXED] [possible suggestion?]
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 10:15 AM »
You can switch to the beta version without worries, as it just as stable as the regular version. It just has some features that are somewhat less tested ;D
In the beta version I think that it solves the issue of 'hiding' windows on non-visible screens.