ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR doesn't display icons for exes in path

(1/1)

skajfes:
I've noticed that FARR doesn't display an icon for programs that are in path.

I have an alias with lists some consoles:

--- ---1000>>>>->Windows Terminal | wt.exe>n>Conemu | D:\util\conemu\conemu64.exe>n>Powershell as admin | pwsh.exe /runasadmin>+>^cmd$

The icons for pwsh.exe and wt.exe aren't shown in the result list.
FARR doesn't display icons for exes in path

Powershell is located in C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7\pwsh.exe, and when I set the absolute path in the alias, the icon is shown. I am guessing that FARR doesn't know how to resolve the exe when it's in path to get the icon from it?
--- ---where pwsh points to the correct location from cmd, I am sure there is a way for FARR to determine the exe location as well.

Windows terminal is a whole other beast, since it is installed as "Windows10 app", however it's called. The actual exe is located in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsTerminal_1.3.2651.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\wt.exe, which I guess changes with each version. The wt.exe that is in path is located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\wt.exe, and that is a zero length file. I am guessing it is a link of some sort, but it doesn't look like a symbolic or a hard link. This file however doesn't have an icon. I have no idea how to even try to solve this.

I am currently getting arround this with setting custom icons with /icon= alias keyword, but it would be awesome if FARR could manage on it's own.

Nod5:
I confirm this issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version