topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: minor UI request: hide alias name under each result in large icon mode  (Read 4122 times)

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor UI request: option to hide the alias name string that in large icon mode shows under each non-filepath result.
alias_name.png
FARR display options lets us uncheck the "Location" report column. But that hides both alias name strings and filepaths. I'd prefer to only hide the alias name strings and keep filepaths visible.
options.pngminor UI request: hide alias name under each result in large icon mode

Edit:

Alternatively, an option to customize what that smaller line of text contains, through commands in results lines. Perhaps something similar to the "/hint=..." syntax?

I've also noticed that if we use appcapresults to generate a list of results then in some cases FARR shows the string "alias" on this smaller line also in cases where it would have shown e.g. "showfilehtml C:\file.html" if the result was defined in the regular FARR alias settings.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 03:19 PM by Nod5 »

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Second line gets removed if the alias has no name (only regex match), if that helps.
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice tip, useful in some cases.

I now realize this minor request can be seen as part of the more general wish for ways to customize how search results look while searching in my other recent post.