ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What, if anything, has IMPROVED for you as a result of the pandemic?

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
Less people around ... but unfortunately the good times are coming to an end as we get closer to exiting Stage 4 lockdown.
-4wd (October 20, 2020, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

My worry is as soon as they stop paying mortgages for people it will create a surge of new and clueless homeless on the streets.  I envisage them crawling over each other like ants.   :down:

wraith808:
Less people around ... but unfortunately the good times are coming to an end as we get closer to exiting Stage 4 lockdown.
-4wd (October 20, 2020, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

My worry is as soon as they stop paying mortgages for people it will create a surge of new and clueless homeless on the streets.  I envisage them crawling over each other like ants.   :down:

-MilesAhead (October 22, 2020, 09:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

They've already found a way to start evicting people for apartments.  A realtor that I knew said that they were expecting inventory to increase significantly once the allowances that people were given during the pandemic started to expire (i.e. people to get foreclosed on).  However, it appears that people are trying to get ahead of the wave- inventory is actually increasing now because people are trying to sell before the allowances expire.

On another note, during the start of the quarantines, the IRS told people that they could borrow from their 401k and defer payments for a year.  New guidance has shortened that to January.  Nice change to policy there...  :-\

40hz:
New hobby?
Learning more?
Developing new skills?
Better immediate family time?
Realization of long-term objectives?
Freedom to work in your underwear?

-cranioscopical (October 19, 2020, 08:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

* Yes. (Electronics)
* Yes. (My Udemy, MasterClass, and Babel, and Curiosity Channel subscriotions are all getting a serious workout these days.)
* Yes. (Chinese language.)
* No. (I always prioritized family time.)
* Sorta. (My LTOs are all on track but mostly nearing realization rather than actually having arrived, possibly because I keep adding stretch goals whenever I get close to them.)
* Wardrobe…not so much. I kinda grew up with the admonishment to act in private as you would when in public as far as grooming, manners, and decorum went. So I get up each morning and shower, shave, and get dressed regardless. I find it’s far too easy to start losing track of time and goals if I don’t have some semblance of a daily routine.
Biggest change is I’m now devoting a lot more time to physical exercise than in the past. I manage at least 5 miles of walking daily, either outdoors or on a non-motorized treadmill. I’ve dropped 40+ lbs. of unneeded weight since January, am now close to my weight when I was in college, and feel better than I’ve felt for several years.

The pandemic has been hard on a lot of people. But I’m eternally grateful that (for me at least) I was able to approach it as an opportunity to reflect and get things in my life in better order than they were when i was juggling too many competing priorities

KodeZwerg:
Reduced prices.
-KodeZwerg (October 20, 2020, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
Where ?
-anandcoral (October 20, 2020, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
In our country the taxes are reduced from 19% down to 16% for most things. (Tobacco and alcohol not I think)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version