ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Great Suspender - Chrome extension to use less CPU/RAM

<< < (4/5) > >>

Deozaan:
Looks like I installed it right when things were getting shady. :'(

Interestingly enough, just today I noticed that Brave has a Safety Check feature in the settings ( brave://settings/safetyCheck ) and I ran it and it said everything was fine, including my extensions. But it didn't force-disable The Great Suspender even though I was running v7.1.8 which appears to be the version which included the malware.

But from my understanding it seems that if you disabled analytics tracking in the settings, it actually respected that setting and the malware didn't function? If that's the case, then I guess I lucked out because I had it disabled.

wraith808:
I had it disabled also, and Brave had not flagged it.  But I definitely saw a few strange things, and my browser had become noticeably slower at times accessing sites at different times.  I'd suspected it my be TGS, but not for that reason...

brotherS:
Interesting... I hadn't noticed anything strange here, but I'm happy to have The Marvellous Suspender as a clean alternative now. :)

It sucks that extensions can be sold to shady folks without the user noticing, but so far I haven't read any perfect ideas to prevent that from happening.

Target:
the saga continues...

Chrome disabled the marvellous suspender this morning... <sigh>

brotherS:
the saga continues...

Chrome disabled the marvellous suspender this morning... <sigh>
-Target (March 07, 2021, 10:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wanted to shout some curse words in Chrome's general direction, but then I found that my Chrome hasn't disabled it and the extension page (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/the-marvellous-suspender/noogafoofpebimajpfpamcfhoaifemoa) is still up. Was it just a glitch in the Matrix? Can you check if it's working again for you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version