ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

YouTube-dl has received a DMCA takedown from RIAA

<< < (5/5)

Shades:
youtube-dl is back on GitHub now. Now my work on yaydl feels like a waste of time.   :huh:
-Tuxman (November 17, 2020, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

For me the tool proved useful and handy. Whichever way you decide to go with this project of yours, I will keep using it until YouTube changed so much that it doesn't work anymore.

If you do decide to decide to stop, perhaps it could be a consideration to open source it. It is a no-nonsense piece of software, which works as advertised. Simple and to the point, exactly how I like software to be. And I know, you'd wish I was the same when writing posts like these.   :P

In all seriousness, yaydl is a much better name for an application than youtube-dl.

Tuxman:
If you do decide to decide to stop, perhaps it could be a consideration to open source it.-Shades (November 17, 2020, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

It has always been open source and it will always remain, no matter how I continue with it. :)
(*cough*)

It is a no-nonsense piece of software, which works as advertised.-Shades (November 17, 2020, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

For a limited set of videos, admittedly.

Simple and to the point, exactly how I like software to be. And I know, you'd wish I was the same when writing posts like these.   :P-Shades (November 17, 2020, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do.  :D

In all seriousness, yaydl is a much better name for an application than youtube-dl.
-Shades (November 17, 2020, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I learned too late that there were earlier projects with the same name, the most famous one ten years ago. Anyway, I won't change the name. Too lazy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version