ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

YouTube-dl has received a DMCA takedown from RIAA

<< < (4/5) > >>

Tuxman:
youtube-dl is back on GitHub now. Now my work on yaydl feels like a waste of time.   :huh:

panzer:
youtube-dl is back on GitHub now. Now my work on yaydl feels like a waste of time.   :huh:
-Tuxman (November 17, 2020, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just insert sth in it that shouldn't be there and put it on Github so you are going to get DMCA as well.

Repos for yaydl are going to start popping up on the net ...

You are going to be famous ...

Tuxman:
Good idea, actually. But the relevant problem might be that I need more users first, because right now nobody would even care.

wraith808:
Good idea, actually. But the relevant problem might be that I need more users first, because right now nobody would even care.
-Tuxman (November 17, 2020, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tooted on Mastodon about it, and a couple of people boosted it.  Not sure how many people actually came here to download though.  I like the fact that it doesn't have external dependencies, personally, even though it really doesn't matter with youtube-dl since I already have Python on my machines.

Tuxman:
Ah, thank you then. Yes, the external dependencies were one of the reasons why I chose Rust, to be honest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version