ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Open/Save Dialog Utilities - response to Nudone's Blog from May

<< < (9/10) > >>

rjbull:

* Folder View <http://www.folderview.com/folderview/> is freeware, -Nutty (July 15, 2005, 06:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
I see it's now possible to donate via PayPal...  DonationWare strikes again.

Nighted:
I use Select Folder Express. It lets you right click in a folder or open/save dialog, select a favourite directory and that directory opens in the current folder or open/save dialog. Couldn't tell you if it works with office applications...I don't use them. www.eusing.com/SelectFolder/SelectFolder.htm

Kuntau:
hi.. sorry to revive this back  :D... It is now 2007! Anyone found any better better open/save dialog solution?

JohnFredC:
I've used the ACDSee tool ImageFox for... I guess nearly 10 years.  It is not free (actually sort of expensive: $30), but works great.  I think development halted years ago, but no matter to me.  Haven't tried it on Vista yet.  Haven't tried Vista itself yet, either.

ImageFox maintains dialog sizes and positions by application.  It also maintains two favorite folders lists, global and by application.  It has a document previewer pane that you can hide if you like (by application also) and place either to the right of the dialog or beneath it.  No access to the Windows Places bar, though, and it doesn't work with Office dialogs.  It also has an aggravating bug where in some cases the shortcut to the folder will replace the filename in the dialog.

Download ImageFox here.

Darwin:
I now use the Enhanced Dialog component of Object Desktop. It's not available as a standalone product. Unfortunately, it is the only component that I use! I discovered ED after purhcasing OD, so can't really complain too much. Anyway, it's the best of the bunch in my opinion (I have current licences for XFilesDialog, File-Ex, and Direct Folders - none of which I have installed at the moment).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version