ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Mini review: toDoList

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
I've started using this (in a very basic way so far) in association with the GOExperiment here.

I've been trying to print off a copy of my "Action List":
If you just print it off it's pretty much unreadable.
It prints in html format.  I did get a style sheet here but have no control over the size of print, so, what is visible on screen (say a list of 20 tasks - including subtasks needs 3 A4 pages or 4 A5 pages)

You can export the list to plain text or spreadsheet which might be nearer to what i want - simple to read but time consuming.
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to print out the list in a list-like manner for reference.

I did read something somewhere about a forum but couldnt find it on home page...

tomos:
I would also be very curious how other people are using this programme:
so far I just have the following TaskLists:

Action/To do list
Ideas list
GOE list
Texts List

but I'm unsure would i be better having all in one list - so  I can prioritize stuff*. At the moment if something from the Texts Lists needs to be done soon I add it to the Action list.
This isn't very efficient - I know/believe you can make links between tasks - is that a recommended route ?

I'm using paper for my daily-will-do list but like the coherency of this programme & am looking at combining both.

*Interesting possibility would be if one could see a list showing all tasks over a certain priority from all lists.
I think you can use reminders as well but at the moment I'm happy/prefer listing stuff by Priority and working my way through things.
One thing I do find though: a Task can have a priority of 5, while one of its subtasks has a priority of 10 - in this case I make the txt colour red to be sure i dont miss it (cause it stays down with the "fives")

f0dder:
I've started using ToDoList for fSekrit... using it to keep track of bugs (don't feel like setting up a bug tracking system just yet), features I want to add, et cetera. Certainly does make developmen a bit more managble.

When I release a new version, I make a "phony" task in the ToDoList, and move all the completed features / fixed bugs to subtasks for that task, so I can keep track of when I did what.

Here's what it currently looks like:
Mini review: toDoList

tomos:
thanks f0dder.

I got response from db:
Search tasks over priority
Cntrl-F 
Its all there. just pick your find values

Priority Value
- Preferences>Tasks>Attributes>'Display tasks priority as being the highest of sub tasks'
--- End quote ---

and posted about this in GOE

Dr-Leech:
I'm using ToDoList long time ago, and it's really great.

I use it for all my needs, work todo's, personal todo's, supermarket lists, everything that need to be remembered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version