topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Where would you go to hire someone to make a logo and/or video intro for you?  (Read 2880 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
As I've posted about elsewhere, I am in the process of putting together a youtube channel to review (cooperative) board games with a friend.

Neither of us are artistically inclined, and we were wondering if anyone had any experience with hiring someone to make a logo, video intro animation, and/or a little musical intro, etc.

Anyone have any experience with sites where they can hire someone for such a thing?  Any advice?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I* used Fiverr with success earlier this year (late January/early February). I think I paid about $50 for a logo, maybe a bit more for an "expedited result" and the original source file(s). I was pleased with the result.

Coincidentally, I came across and watched this video last month:

"I Paid 6 Animators On Fiverr To Animate My Youtube Intro..."

* I actually had little to do with it, personally, but I was in control of the funds used to pay for it, so my feedback and authorization were required from time to time throughout the process.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 03:54 AM by Deozaan »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Looks like fiverr might be the way to go.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Looks like fiverr might be the way to go.

I wouldn't use Fiverr personally.  It undervalues talent and speeds the race to the LCD in artistic talent.  I've had to get logos done a couple of time, and I've used Deviant Art, ArtStation, and (in my case) RPG communities to find the talent.  You pay more, but it's a living wage for the work being done.

Attronarch

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I prefer hiring freelancers through upwork. If the work is good (and repeatable) then I hire them directly. Let me know if you have any questions or need help.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You could take a shot at a freebie from PMlogos. If you don't like it, you haven't lost anything.

But I'd recommend the upgraded package for $30, if you do like the results but it just needs a little tweaking.

https://www.pmlogos....ogo-design-pm-logos/