ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2021

N.A.N.Y 2021: Incipitor

<< < (5/6) > >>

Deozaan:
It works! :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
I just used it to create an item in the Start Menu. I disagree that "it's not so useful" with Vanilla Windows 10. I don't care so much about the organization of my Start Menu, but being able to press the Win key and start typing the name of what I want to run and then press Enter to launch it is made so much easier for those portable apps now that I have Incipitor.

Before, I would create a shortcut in the app's directory, then right-click it and select "Pin to Start" which didn't just put it in the list of apps in the Start Menu, but also made it show up as a tile on the start menu, quickly adding to clutter.

Now I can just right-click, select Add to Start Menu, customize the name of what it appears as(!) and it's done. I like it a lot!

wraith808:
Same here.  I used to have to add shortcuts to a special folder so that FARR would pick them up- a lot easier just using the start menu, and less directories for FARR to search.

BGM:
Yaay!  You all make me feel all warm inside!  I'm glad you like it!

I also use it to add shortcuts from the Start Menu's "Programs" folder into my own folders.

It doesn't work for Windows Store apps though - apparently, the registry key for HKCR\shell\* doesn't work for those shortcuts.  And Autohotkey's filegetshortcut does not work for those either (returns blank for the target).  Funny thing is, that MS Store app shortcuts *look* like shortcuts, but don't even have extensions.

I'm planning on adding two features: one button to open the Start Menu folder, and another to back it up.

tomos:
Start Menu confusion:
because I initially have to run incipitor as admin, it automatically chose the start menu for the admin account, and not the one for the current user account. So I uninstalled that context menu entry, and did a search for the start menu location.

In the user account (Windows 10 x64) there seem to be two start menus:

C:\Users\*me*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
&
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I see you've chosen the user account above, but see here that there's a lot more shortcuts in the ProgramData folder...
Can anyone help my confusion ? :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version