ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2021

N.A.N.Y 2021: Incipitor

<< < (3/6) > >>

BGM:
I'm working on it!  I have a GUI now for the options, and it will install its context menu entry now - although you have to be an administrator, of course, for that to work, because the * key is in HKCR (not HKCU).

However, it would also work if you had the app open and you drag items onto it's window, or if you drag items onto it's program icon.  That could be a workaround for a non-admin with no way to install it to the context menu.  Although I doubt the practicality of that.

Right now you can change the icon displayed in the context menu, the text displayed there, general position of the entry in the context menu, and the path to the Start Menu folder.  There is an option to use a tray icon as well.

Anyway, just an update.  As soon as I get a version that is ready to try out, I'll post it up.

BGM:
Okay, folks, I've posted a working application now, and have updated my initial post to a proper NANY post.  I'm using Incipitor now on my own computer.

BGM:
Working on version 1.1 with fixes, refinements and new features.

Deozaan:
I know you recommend using it with Open Shell, but I decided to try it out with the default Windows 10 shell, since it's not clear to me from the description whether or not it works at all with the default shell.

I downloaded it and ran it and... nothing happened. It won't open. No errors, no flashing windows. No icon hiding in the tray. Nothing. I don't even see a process start up and disappear in the Task Manager (though I may not be looking in the right place for that).

Thinking maybe it was getting caught by Windows Defender, I right-clicked the zip file and told Defender to scan it. It found no issues. I also uploaded it to Jotti and VirusTotal. Jotti had no warnings on the zip file, the exe, or the dll. VirusTotal did have some warnings on each.

Considering what it does, I assumed VirusTotal's warnings were false positives, and I disabled Windows Defender and tried to run it again. Still nothing. I even tried running it as Administrator and nothing happens. :-\

BGM:
Well, thanks for trying it out.  That' funny, because it runs fine on my Windows 10. 

The window should open when you run it.  It doesn't have a tray icon, though.

On the first run, it should produce a small messagebox saying it is creating a Settings File - but you should see that in the taskbar.  When you click okay, it should just run.  I just downloaded it again and tried it again and have no problem.  VirusTotal is probably just objecting to Autohotkey.

Other than add it's own registry key, the only thing it does is to add shortcuts to the Start Menu folder.  It's one of my less elaborate applications, in fact.

To actually use it, you'll need administrator priveleges in order for it to add itself to your Context Menu (modifies HKCR/shell/* to add it's own key there).  But you should be able to run it just fine.

You don't need Open Shell, really.  It will still manage folders you create in the Windows 10 Start Menu.  It just isn't so useful in the default shell, is all.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'll be posting version 1.1 soon enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version