ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

TraceCovid

<< < (3/4) > >>

Contro:
In what way aren't they the same?

They both detect and store ID info of devices running the same app that you have been in close proximity to, this enables authorities to potentially notify the owners of those devices in the event of one of the owners of said devices testing positive for COVID ... and then only if said person decides to upload that data.

Obviously, you would install the app that has the greatest public presence in your region otherwise why bother?

BTW, where exactly does it say it uses the GPS?
Like most other similar apps, it uses Bluetooth to detect another device running the app with a distance of around 3m, (and sometimes if it's only within that distance for a minimum period of time).
No location info is collected because they can get that from info provided by Google/Apple/carrier and the phone itself, (if they're allowed).
-4wd (September 19, 2020, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
You are right. Not use GPS, only bluetooth.

:-* :P

Contro:
Other thing i am thinking is about the servers when received the informations.
The problem may be the servers of that app.
Internet is universal
The software is universal
Do you know if I can select the servers where I upload the data ?
 :-* :P

4wd:
Do you know if I can select the servers where I upload the data ?-Contro (September 19, 2020, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can't and there's at least a dozen different protocols used for near device detection, see my edit above.

Contro:
Spanish app is radar covid, I think
-flamerz (September 17, 2020, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are right !
I begin a post in the solo arquitectura forum and they coincide. I was not able to see. Sorry then.
I will download radar covid.

The code is here

https://github.com/radarcovid

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:

Contro:
Spanish app is radar covid, I think
-flamerz (September 17, 2020, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

In Spain Nothing...-Contro (September 18, 2020, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=es.gob.radarcovid&hl=en

[ Invalid Attachment ]

COVID Radar is the application designed and run by the Spanish Secretary of State for Digitization and Artificial Intelligence to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).

Radar COVID alerts you anonymously of the possible contact that you have had in the last 14 days with a person who has been infected using Bluetooth technology of low consumption.
--- End quote ---

FYI: COVID-19 appsw
-4wd (September 19, 2020, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry....
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version