ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Fun Run - Bluetooth discussion (walkie-talkie)

(1/4) > >>

Contro:
For Nany 2020 !
I am trying again (and again) to lose weight .

Here we are with the coronavirus crisis.

So.

I need to talk to someone !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is possible use an android mobile device to talk with other next mobile devices ?. Can I establish a sort of channel between two to ten participants . A sort of group to discuss while we are walking maintaining the security distance (12 meters or less is enough.... ) .

Obviously you can do this with a whatsapp group, sending audio messages, but I try with no cost because i have no data in my mobiles.

I remember hear about a touristic application for guides consisting in give the explanations with the use of a mobile device.

Is a sort of private (or public anyway) communications between a group very near by bluetoooth or similar method.

Do you have the app for this ?

:-* :P

Ath:
Isn't 10 to 12 meters, about the max a BT connection will cover, (see below) stil within (loud) talking distance? Or you could buy a cheap set of walky talkies that does exactly what you need, just tune all to the same frequency.

Edit: Corrected.

KodeZwerg:
I guess Blutooth Chat is what you want.
Everything else would need Internet connection as far as i know, even corona stuff.

Writing a letter, stick it on a brick, throw it. Might have more range than BT and you train your body \(°-°)/

Ath:
Writing a letter, stick it on a brick, throw it. Might have more range than BT and you train your body \(°-°)/
-KodeZwerg (September 18, 2020, 03:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's the best solution I heard all week ;D ;D ;D

Ath:
Isn't 10 to 12 meters, about the max a BT connection will cover
-Ath (September 18, 2020, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, that seems a bit out of time, BT has a range of 100 meters in modern (v3.1+) versions, and even up to 400 meters in v5 BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) so that should be usable.

I guess Blutooth Chat is what you want.
-KodeZwerg (September 18, 2020, 03:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
Except that it doesn't seem to support speech, only chat and images.

This one, WiFi / Bluetooth Call & Chat does also support calls over both BT and WiFi.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version