ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What's up with The Matrix Trilogy Screensaver?

(1/1)

kunkel321:
I have an older version that I've been using for years with no problem.  The latest version from their website is apparently blacklisted by Chrome and be Norton.  Won't even download it.  If I try to download it, it just disappears.  Has anyone else had success getting the latest version? 

4wd:
Downloads fine on Android  ;)

kunkel321:
I emailed one of the authors, Jan Ringos to make sure his site didn't get hijacked or anything.  He said it should be safe to use.   So then I actually tried downloading it with Microsoft's Edge browser and it worked fine. This is the first time a Microsoft browser out-performed Google Chrome.  Just another example of how the world is upside-down in 2020.  LOL.  :P

Deozaan:
That's funny, because the latest version of Edge is based on Chrome (or Chromium) these days. :huh:

By the way, I believe that if you open your downloads window/tab with Ctrl-J you can restore the "disappeared" files. I ran into that problem a few years ago and eventually figured out how to get the files back.

kunkel321:
By the way, I believe that if you open your downloads window/tab with Ctrl-J you can restore the "disappeared" files. I ran into that problem a few years ago and eventually figured out how to get the files back.
-Deozaan (September 13, 2020, 10:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Cool tip.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version