ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Image Manager Shootout

ACDSee vs Thumbsplus vs SmartPix vs others - organising method

<< < (2/3) > >>

JeffK:
I have another question about ACDSee.

I have a group of folders nested several levels deep under one main folder.  There are about 100 folders altogether.  I want to see thumbnails of all the images in these folders at once.  Is there a way of selecting all the subfolders under the parent folder without having to expand each branch and select it seperately?  Or alternatively expand all the subfolders under a parent folder so that one can select them all easily?

It seems to me that this is a pretty basic navigational requirement and I haven't worked out how to do it.

Regards,

Jeff

JeffK:
Does anyone know of a discount source for Thumbsplus?

mouser:
jeff - email them and ask them if they are willing to offer a discount to dc members; contact me if you want some boilerplate text i usually send to companies.

JeffK:
Ho Hum, gee I am having some trouble with this decision.  A return to SmartPix is on the cards as it does just about everything I want.  The only drawback is a complex user interface and I would like to have ACDSee to show my wife and daughter something relatively simple.  OTOH the idea that one has to expand and select the dozens of subdirectories in which my wife's software holds its crafty icons , buttons etc to see them all in one place (or keyword them to do the same thing) is foreign.  So we go to ThumbsPlus, ideal and fast for the 30,000+ images involved but also not lending itself to selecting from them all at once.

What a dilemna!  If I wasn't so stingy I would buy both, and iMatch and IDimager and CodedColor.

Jeff

unrflier:
Hi, I just found this excellent place for softwares. This is an excellent review for the ACDSee. I have been a long time user of iMatch which I think is a good option to ACDSee, but does not seems to be in the list. iMatch is sold by photools.com at a price of $59.95. I guess my 2 cents may have been too late, but I hope this can still be helpful.

Sherwin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version