ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Non-elevated woes... How can I get the most from my laptop?

<< < (2/2)

x16wda:
Your lucky, the education institution I was at didn't even allow binaries unless they had been vetted and approved by them.
-ferretau (August 31, 2020, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's the most secure way to do it. Nobody wants ransomware to hit.

wraith808:
What's worse is when you not only have that to deal with, but also the malware protection that is installed marks everything you want to run as a PUP and deletes it. (Bad enough for anyone but utterly ridiculous for a senior tech support lead.)
-x16wda (August 31, 2020, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

No... you don't have it the worst.  As a programmer, when I create something and it gets marked as malware.

I had passwords for multiple servers/app pools/user accounts, and nothing to store them in that was approved.  So I made my own thing instead of storing them in a text file.  Had the source and everything.

They marked my encrypted password files as malware and deleted my passwords.

x16wda:

-wraith808 (August 31, 2020, 11:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh- why... yes, that would make for a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day.  :'(

wraith808:

-wraith808 (August 31, 2020, 11:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh- why... yes, that would make for a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day.  :'(
-x16wda (September 01, 2020, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thankfully, I'd done something else against InfoSec policy and synced the encrypted files to dropbox, so I was able to recover it  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version