ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Testing new DC discord chat server

<< < (2/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
It looks like we are going to be moving our official chat system from irc to discord.
-mouser (August 16, 2020, 11:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't really been in the DC IRC channel for quite some time, but I almost always have Discord running, so I'm OK with this decision. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (August 16, 2020, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's taken me 2 years of begging and pleading with him to finally make this happen...now I will drag him kicking and screaming into the 21st century  ;D

KodeZwerg:
Nothing against new technology but this new advanced improvement kicks me out after about 1 minute of doing nothing.
Used via webchat-nonregistered-mode.
Any comments?

ps: what sucks it that you dont even see if you are connected or not.

Tuxman:
Point proven: Discord is broken anti-software.

wraith808:
Oh sure.  Very scientific approach  :huh: :-\

Nothing against new technology but this new advanced improvement kicks me out after about 1 minute of doing nothing.
Used via webchat-nonregistered-mode.
Any comments?

ps: what sucks it that you dont even see if you are connected or not.
-KodeZwerg (August 17, 2020, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure about the forum integration or this TitanEmbeds (especially since it's listed as beta), but try the link above, i.e. https://discord.gg/9J4mHfF.  It should take you to the signup and be a pretty seamless experience.

KodeZwerg:
After small chitchat with mighty mouser I become registered and using discord client software where i do not need to accept any kind of cookie but have to accept license agreement.
I still miss a connectivity sign but it works better than web-based.
For short time I've been testing the Client, no problems encountered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version