ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Experimenting with a multi-camera setup for zoom, streaming, board game vlogging

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
Yeah it is kind of witchery.
For the green screen working area I use a green fabric on my desk:

I've seen vloggers use this approach to great effect, but usually its when they need to show some nice close up view of something being manipulated/painted.  I wish I had some excuse to use it!

wraith808:
It could work really well with the idea of playing board games together.  Both of you could have the same board game, and you could visually see where the other person was moving, and mirror it on your own board.

superboyac:
The software I'm using currently is the commercial tool XSplit Broadcaster but I will also be trying out the open source alternative OBS (Open Broadcaster Software).
They both let you create "scenes" with different cameras and overlays and combine them into one virtual camera that another tool (such as Zoom) sees.
-mouser (July 23, 2020, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
I use OBS, I like OBS better.  I also use an elgato streamdeck for physical buttons that can do whatever you want, makes life a lot easier.
OBS probably has a more active community, and more features if you dig into it.

I want to do green screen stuff also.  I'll get around to it.  I have been working on my setup in these times as well.

How do you have 4 monitors connected?  what kind of gpu?  I tried to do 4 but i only had 3 slots, and after that the adapters dont work well. 

mouser:
I have 2 nvidia display adapters, a GTX 1070 and a GTX 660.

The 660 is actually driving three of my displays, and the 1070 one.

superboyac:
I have 2 nvidia display adapters, a GTX 1070 and a GTX 660.

The 660 is actually driving three of my displays, and the 1070 one.
-mouser (July 25, 2020, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
ah that makes sense.
two nights ago, i was trying to get the 4th to work, and i was like I think i need a second card.  no amount of converters/adapters work after a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version