ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to automate Windows with a fast & easy (minimal programming) solution?

<< < (2/3) > >>

m9833:
Thanks Shades. I am downloading PTFB Trial and check how that works out. While searching for it, I also came across this old software, which I will also give a try: https://rtvsoft.com/RtvReco.htm.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding AutoIt, ferretau. Unfortunately, it will some time before I can get on with it. Learning to script is high on my agenda, because of the various advantages it offers to my digital productivity, and also to finally try out creating small programs for personal productivity, which I can hopefully one day share back at DonationCoder. Unfortunately, owing to my regular tasks at work, which is not programming related, I have few opportunities to get down to it. But when I do, AutoIt and AHK are high on my list, right after VBA, which I am requiring more and more at my job, because of the many Excel sheets I need to work with.

Shades:
You can say RtvReco is old indeed. It is from 2002, so 18 years. Its website hasn't been updated since 2003 either. Wouldn't try this anymore on Windows 10.

Nod5:
AutoHotkey can do this. You can either program a script yourself, which is relatively easy to learn, or make user of some existing helper script to record a set of mouse movements and clicks that can later be rerun. Or do a combination of both. For example Mouse And Keyboard Macro Recorder from AutoHotkey forums.

AzureToad:
Haven't used it in quite a long time, but maybe TinyTask would be worth looking into?
The author's website doesn't exist any longer but i found copies on multiple download sites by searching for "tinytask".

rjbull:
suggest a minimal programming Windows automation solution-m9833 (July 22, 2020, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

"minimal programming" might never be as minimal as you'd like  :(  The closest you can get might be something like Macro Express, a well-featured, long-established program.

Cheaper but less featured; Axife Mouse Recorder (apparently written in AutoIT).

Even cheaper, plus a free version; Mini Mouse Macro.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version