ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera: opt out of sync?

(1/2) > >>

MilesAhead:
Anyone know how to opt out of Sync in Opera browser?

Every time I sign in to Sync it erases all my speed dials.  It is a real time waster. 

Contro:
Hello Miles.
Opera is my fourth browser installed : Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Opera.
I have imported the bookmarks and assign an account for sync.

What's next ?
Opera: opt out of sync?Opera: opt out of sync?

4wd:

Every time I sign in to Sync it erases all my speed dials.  It is a real time waster. 
-MilesAhead (July 16, 2020, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, 6 weeks later but going out on a limb here ...

I want to clear all my synced data. How can I reset my account?
If you’ve forgotten your synchronization passphrase or just want a fresh start with the browsing data you share between your devices, you can easily reset your synced data.

To reset your account:

Navigate to http://sync.opera.com/web/.
Select the Reset sync data button.

You will be signed out of all your devices and your synced data will be removed from Opera servers. Keep in mind that any data that has been synced to a device will remain on that device until you manually remove it.
--- End quote ---

That seems pretty straight forward.

I use it across my mobile, tablets, and PC, never created an account or synced it, (never done that with any browser since the one time I did try it out years ago, it did exactly as you said - erased bookmarks, etc - more trouble than it's worth).

I do, however, use Opera's Flow to pass info between the various incarnations.

MilesAhead:
-4wd (September 01, 2020, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe I did that some months ago.  However going there now I see no button to erase an account.  I did find out that when I signed into sync it was creating another speed dial folder with the exact same name as the one currently is use.  Why nobody else reports this bug is strange.  I guess it is best just never to log into sync as some on the Opera forum suggested.  It would be nice if I could export my dials to a file and import them to fix a scrambled set of dials but Opera says just export your bookmarks then import to fix dials.  Of course this does not work.  Thanks for the reply.   :Thmbsup:

Contro:

-MilesAhead (July 16, 2020, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, 6 weeks later but going out on a limb here ...

I want to clear all my synced data. How can I reset my account?
If you’ve forgotten your synchronization passphrase or just want a fresh start with the browsing data you share between your devices, you can easily reset your synced data.

To reset your account:

Navigate to http://sync.opera.com/web/.
Select the Reset sync data button.

You will be signed out of all your devices and your synced data will be removed from Opera servers. Keep in mind that any data that has been synced to a device will remain on that device until you manually remove it.
--- End quote ---

I use it across my mobile, tablets, and PC, never created an account or synced it, (never done that with any browser since the one time I did try it out years ago, it did exactly as you said - erased bookmarks, etc - more trouble than it's worth).

I do, however, use Opera's Flow to pass info between the various incarnations.

-4wd (September 01, 2020, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good.
I use only Opera in the laptop now.
But I can try anything if necessary.
Best Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version