ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

JPG Bogus Metadata Replication to Subsequent Captures

<< < (2/2)

Jeffrey Klute:
I use JPG as the default format because I'm a photographer and I need the ability to add a lot of different metadata items to the photos in order to be able to organize and search my collection of 500,000 images. PNG may be better for screenshots, but I use a variety of images with SC, and so I prefer to stick with JPG.

Yes, I found with an exhaustive search that the bug had not been reported yet. That is typical for me, I find flaws where very few other people usually go, using features and capabilities beyond the basic.

I need time to test your beta 4.39 version. It may be a day or two before I get back to you. If you find out anything in the meanwhile, please let me know.

Jeffrey Klute:
Can you try this quick beta 4.39 version to see if it solves the problem:
    Setup exe version
-mouser (July 14, 2020, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I tested beta 4.39. You squashed that bug and swept it under the rug )))

I could not find the critter in three quick tests:
1) SC used to view/focus on a screenshot that had bogus metadata replicated from previous shots, shot another screenshot.
2) SC used to view/focus on IMG_0168.jpg (given as example 2 in my original post), shot another screenshot.
3) ViewNX 2 used to edit the Description on a capture, SC used to view/focus on it, shot another screenshot.

In all cases tested so far the caption is as it should be, no replicated metadata from previously viewed capture.

Next time I swing by where I was born I'll hunt you up and I'll buy you a beer )))

mouser:
Great  :Thmbsup:

Thanks for your help in identifying the problem!  I'm sure others who suffered this mysterious bug will be happen to have it fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version