ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need Virtual Desktop software recommendations

<< < (7/8) > >>

kartal:
Can any of virtual desktops save opened apps as a session to be restored later?

MKairys:
Not EVD, no... It does however have "window rules" by which you can specify which virtual desk an application opens up in, etc.

kartal:
Thanks MKairys, but that would not be what I need.

steeladept:
Wow, I have been looking for this for quite some time.  I have looked at Dexpot many times as that is the closest to what I am looking for that most people recommend, yet (and I can't say exactly why), it never seems to work out for me.  I have tried most that were talked about here, but the two pay ones mentioned, EVD and GoScreen are new to me.  I must check them out now :Thmbsup:

What I am looking for is like Mouser said - what is in Linux (though my experience is from much later that the cli mouser spoke of).  Gnome desktop has an extrodinary virtual desktop.  I am looking for the same experience.  GoScreen and EVD appear to offer that.  Thans for bringing this up again...

Curt:
I haven't tried it, so I cannot recommend it, but it looks like fun, and it is freeware. I have no idea if it also is useful, but I guess it is supposed to be just that: 360desktop public beta from http://www.360desktop.com/

Need Virtual Desktop software recommendations

360desktop gives your desktop a life!

Because the revolution's here. Desktop 2.0

Get almost unlimited desktop space; make desktop widgets from your favorite pieces of the web, plus create & share 360° interactive wallpaper.

More room for everything you like to do
360desktop transforms your desktop into a panoramic workspace - with more space for everything. Slide around your new workspace quickly and easily between all your open applications, windows and widgets - it'll spin you out.

Easily make desktop widgets from your favorite parts of the web
See something that you like online? You can now clip it and put it right on the desktop: any part of any webpage or grab your favorite web widgets, RSS feeds, games, videos  - whatever you like - it's totally up to you!

An endless selection of stunning 360⁰ wallpaper
Bring your desktop to life, with an endless selection of stunning 360⁰ wallpaper. Incredible web enabled 360's, that can be inspiring, entertaining, branded, useful or just plain fun - whatever your interest, work or play.

And what's coming next ...

Create your own interactive 360's
Think of the desktop as an "interactive canvas". Create simple 360's from your favorite images, photos, or online albums such as Flickr, or transform the desktop into a multimedia mash-up, with web content integrated into the photo background.

Share your creations and favorite 360's everywhere
Share your favorite 360's and your own creations with your friends. Publish any 360 as a web widget that you can embed within MySpace, Facebook and your other blogs and social networks.

--- End quote ---
http://www.360desktop.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version