ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Taste testing 80% Dark Chocolate

<< < (2/2)

mouser:

KynloStephen66515:
Here's a 100% one for you to try: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chocolat-Madagascar-100-Cocoa-Chocolate/dp/B076JGP3XV/ref=pd_sbs_543_4/258-7506603-3483901
"Chocolat Madagascar 100% Cocoa - Single Origin Fine Dark Chocolate Bar 85g" o.O

tomos:
Love Chock ("Eat the World Happier" lol)
99% Extreme Dark [Ingredients: Raw cocoa / lucuma powder / vanilla / sea salt]

The taste is a shock initially -- direction of earthy, but not in a bad way. Intense, but not bitter.
Salt noticeable initially and towards the end. Very lovely consistency: creamy, buttery.

I'd give it a [9]

Like you mouser, I used only eat milk choclate. This, I could imagine having in the cupboard and occasionally eating a bit. Probably costs an arm and a leg. Netherlands based -- dont know if available in the US.

(I had a taste of a 70% bar afterwards -- it tasted viciously sweet.)

mouser:
I've walked past the 100% cacao bars in the store and my basic reaction is this:

mouser:
I think I have reached an important discovery about testing dark chocolate.  Which is that no dark chocolate bar in isolation is "best"..  You can only really taste the subtle good flavors of a dark chocolate bar in contrast with other different bars.. So you really need to rotate through different bars in order to appreciate any one of them.

My updated ratings with some normalized nutrition info that helps in comparing different bars:
Taste testing 80% Dark Chocolate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version