ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Feature Request: Tagging & Annotating/Highlighting in CHS

(1/2) > >>

m9833:
I find myself using CHS for a number of things. For example, transferring clips of texts from PDFs, E-Mails and Websites together with information about the date accessed, URL (if applicable), Window Titles, etc.

Given that the CHS database now serves as a central repository for many of the clips I use for research etc., I was wondering if it would be possible to annotate/highlight the contents of individual clips and to tag them. This would make the constant copying and pasting the clips to individual programs less necessary and would make CHS the go to App for managing  text and images from multiple sources in the form of a qualitative data database. It might also help against the annotations and codes being tied up in individual files and provide a central means to store and access snippets, programming codes, qualitative research codes, and annotations.

I will be interested in what Mouser and the others think about this and if anyone has similar solutions they are using.

mouser:
I was wondering if it would be possible to annotate/highlight the contents of individual clips and to tag them.
--- End quote ---
do you mean adding multiple tags to different areas within one clip, or just adding some tags to the clip as a whole (which CHS will let you do).

m9833:
Hi Mouser,

I did not know that CHS already allows tagging. How does one activate the tagging function for a clip?

In my request, I was just referring to adding some tags to the clip as a whole.

But your statement regarding adding multiple tags to different areas ties in very well with my request for highlighting and annotating, like in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat.  It also would make CHS the go-to tool for a lot of qualitative categorization and coding that I need to do.

Thanks.

mouser:
if you click the top little button at the header row of the table of clips you can enable the display of some additional columns, including some for adding tags.  CHS doesn't itself do anything special with these but you can use them for your own purposes.
And create special virtual groups to show you all clips with certain tags, etc.

m9833:
Mouser, this is great!

Would it be possible to create a virtual folder called say "Keywords", which automatically has child folders with notes containing all keywords.

Alternatively and possibly simpler, can one limit the quick search filter to search only in specific headers, apart from the general rule for searching through all headers?

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version