ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

3D Printing - General Discussion

<< < (3/4) > >>

wraith808:
Since you seem to be regretting your decision to wait, this seems to be the same thing, but is in stock now:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07TMLJS8Z/
-Deozaan (May 28, 2020, 02:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!  That one doesn't have the extra nozzles, but I can work with that.  Thanks again!

wraith808:
So, I pulled the trigger.  More to come...

Ath:
I've been looking at 3D printers lately too, and I've been attracted by the to-be-released Creality cr-6-se (kickstarter link) 3D printer. It seems to be an improved successor to their quite popular Creality Ender-3 model.

Advantage of the Sovol SV01 model linked above is it's slightly larger printing range, but having to add the 'silent steppers' upgrade to the Sovol makes the Creality model quite attractive to me.

Now only to convince myself I really, really, need it...  ;D ;D ;D

wraith808:
Yeah... that's the reason I was going to wait.  But I'll just wait on the silent board.  Installing it seems to be quite involved though!

As far as that Creality, putting on my Kicksnarker hat:

1. The Target was $100,000.  They're at 3 mil.  I've found that to be a red flag.  More money doesn't mean that they will use it better in my experience.
2. Delivery September 2020? With Covid and all?  And that's not called out in the risks section?
3. The above with the stretch goals that include changes to the mainboard?  Their stretch goals make this a lot riskier, and definitely not going to hit a September 2020 timeframe.
4. 1st Created Zero Backed.  Not necessarily a con in this case as they are an established company, other than the fact that they might not know the ins and outs of Kickstarter and the communication might be spotty.
5. In the text they say, "We hope that they can actively participate in the research and development of our product."  This makes that timeline even more wonky.

Pros
1. Looking at the videos, $319 seems to be a good price for what you get- if that's what you get.  The reviews were only looking at betas, and I've been burned a couple of times with betas not being anywhere similar to the end product.  It's one of the reasons that I rarely back electronics type products.  Well actually for full disclosure, it will be around $350 including shipping.
2. They've released a product prior, so they have a proven track record in creating a product.

Final Verdict: I'm backing for $1 to follow the updates.  The wonky timeline, the fact that they say something about R&D and the stretch goals, the number of backers, and the investment put me off it.  That and the fact that I just got the SV01.  But even if I'd not gotten that, I'd not back it for the product.

Some of the Videos for those that haven't seen them since the markup is screwy.

Nod5:
My boss bought a 3D printer in kit form, which was designed by some Tsechian person or Romanian person, who is known to design quality printers for low prices. I forgot, it has been quite a while since.
-Shades (May 28, 2020, 12:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Prusa ? Very user friendly printers. They also make the software PrusaSlicer and the Thingiverse alternative Prusaprinters 

A fun thing is that they have a farm of 3D printers to manufacture parts for their 3D printers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version