ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Need a little help with an Excel file please

<< < (3/3)

Target:
apologies for my tardiness, been a bit preoccupied with the job hunt...

regardless, try the attached.

It's just an on-change macro, ie when a value on the sheet changes it fires off.  It uses a couple of 'helper' values - the stock column (B) is duplicated in column D and used to check for changes in stock levels, and there are subtotals in cells B1 and D1. 

* If the value in the stock column goes up, the corresponding check value in column D is amended accordingly.
* If the value in the stock column goes down, the difference between the new value and the check value is added to the sales column (E), and the check value is amended to match the new stock value.
in practice both row 1 (with the subtotals) and the check column would be hidden as they don't add anything useful to the user (and any user changes to those values would result in corrupted values)

its not terribly pretty, but it works OK for a first cut

appreciate any feedback you might have

Target:
any feedback on this?  Did it do the job?  should I try to polish it up a bit?

Stephen McBride:
Hi Target,

in principle it works yes, although I can't seem to get the Undo function to work.

You have definitely grasped the concept I had  :up:

Many thanks.

Stephen.

Target:
In principle it works yes, although I can't seem to get the Undo function to work.
-Stephen McBride (May 29, 2020, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately theres no undo, but im not sure why you might need it (unless you're wanting to reverse changes made incorrectly?)

Stephen McBride:
Yeah, I have a habit of making changes incorrectly  ;D

It works though and I guess I could save regularly as I go.

Also far more user friendly when cell D is hidden.

When I close the document I get a warning "The picture is too large and will be truncated" Whatever that means!

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version