ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The best uninstaller

<< < (5/5)

c-sanchez:
I see that CrystalIDEA's Uninstall Tool is based on the code of Geek Uninstaller.

Do you rate it better than Total Uninstall (TUN)?
-rjbull (February 26, 2020, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Are you sure is based on the code of Geek Uninstaller?
According to their websites, CrystalIDEA exists since 2005, GeekUninstaller since 2012.
In fact, according to its history of changes, the Install Tracker was added on November 12, 2011, a year before GeekUninstaller was published.
-c-sanchez (April 22, 2020, 06:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Go to the Geek Uninstaller link referenced above by BGM, page down to the bottom of the page:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Then look at Geek Uninstaller's About page, which says in part:

Geek Uninstaller Pro

Pro version of GeekUninstaller is called Uninstall Tool and it's developed by CrystalIDEA Software company based on my code.

--- End quote ---
-rjbull (April 23, 2020, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Haha interesting, very interesting fact, thanks for the information :)

4wd:
Throwing another uninstaller into the mix: BCUninstaller - haven't used it, (I use Revo Pro Portable).

Bulk Crap Uninstaller (or BCUninstaller) is a free (as in speech) program uninstaller. It excels at removing large amounts of applications with minimal user input. It can clean up leftovers, detect orphaned applications, run uninstallers according to premade lists, and much more! Even though BCU was made with IT pros in mind, by default it is so straight-forward that anyone can use it.
--- End quote ---

BTW, Revo Uninstaller Pro is $8.25 on BjD for the next 19 hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version