ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

LBC Access Violation when selecting node that opens PDF

<< < (3/3)

leaves:
Can you try this for me just to see if it gives any more clues:
Open up your LBC configuration and select some node you don't care about.
Now drag and drop a file onto the ICON IMAGE.. Normally this has LBC replace the node icon with the one representing the file you've dropped.  I'm just curious if that also causes an error when you drop pdf/text files onto it.
--- End quote ---

I wasn't sure which icon to drop on so I dropped on both '1' and '2' in the image below.
1 - dropping exe file here inserted a child node under 'Network' without errors. Dropping a pdf as previously stated gives the error.
2- dropping exe file on the world icon gives the same access violation with the address as in the image below.

I've downloaded the debug version and will give feedback tomorrow morning (Australia). Many thanks for following up on this.
My antivirus and firewall is Comodo, I have the containment sandbox disabled.

leaves:
Sorry, the wrong image showing what I meant by '1 and 2' got uploaded, tried again...

mouser:
Great, thank you !  This must be a strange error since it's happening so often for you but doesn't seem to be affecting others..  I'm excited to figure out what it is :)

ps.
I uploaded a new debug version that logs more info, so before you run tests make sure to redownload the latest debug version.

wraith808:
Question- what is that network node?

mouser:
leaves and I fixed the bug!
It was caused by a bug in my code that was trying to pad out icons to 32bit boundary when storing them.  It must be an unusual system configuration where that is needed I think, so it wasn't affecting most people.

I have uploaded a new version of LBC to the official download location: https://www.donationcoder.com/software/mouser/popular-apps/launchbar-commander

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version