ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > PBOL

Weird precision (or lack thereof) in time remaining displayed

<< < (3/4) > >>

Deozaan:
And another weird one:

Deozaan:
Basically, I think it should never show me the next lower unit of measurement while the larger one is greater than 0. So "24 weeks 3 days" is sufficient precision. Or "2 days 3 hours" But if it's 2 days 0 hours 45 minutes, it should just show 2 days 45 minutes.

I also just noticed it is showing "wks" and "hrs" which is how it's configured to display while docked. But it's currently a floating window, which I have configured to spell out the whole words and not abbreviate them. It makes me wonder which other settings aren't working properly. :-\

mouser:
Uploaded new version, see if it fixed that.  I also see it was reversing when it used the docked vs undocked option for word abbreviations, hopefully that is fixed too.

Note that it will still do a non-intuitive switch when you get very near the end and only have a single value showing:

That is by design to give you higher precision as you near the final end time.

Deozaan:
Note that it will still do a non-intuitive switch when you get very near the end and only have a single value showing:
-mouser (April 21, 2020, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seems a little weird to me. Personally I think anything over two to possibly as much as three hours (120-180 minutes) is too far into the future to think about in terms of minutes. But I always show at least 2 values in the settings, so I won't be affected by that bit of weirdness. :D

The new version appears to fix the precision issue. Thanks!

While I've got you working on this... how about that third docking option or my alternative "minimal view" suggestion? And it's probably a good idea to update the menu options with the correct links to the homepage and forum section. :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Glad to hear it's working.
I'll have a look at your docking idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version