ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Ludum Dare 46: April 17th-20th, 2020

(1/4) > >>

Deozaan:
Ludum Dare 46 is coming up in just two weeks.

It has been two years since I last participated in a Ludum Dare event (LD41 in April 2018), and I'm gearing up to do it once again as a team effort.

Right now you can submit theme suggestions, after which the Theme Slaughter will begin. I'll try to remember to post more details to this thread as we get closer to the start (and end) of the event, but it's likely you won't hear much from me during the 72-hour jam.

Feel free to discuss any aspect of LD46 in this thread, including any games you might try out once the event has completed.

EDIT: My team made Defendeer for LD46.

See previous DC posts about Ludum Dare:

Ludum Dare 45 Reviews - A thread about LD45 games
Ludum Dare 41 - (My team made It's Not Lupus! for LD41)
Ludum Dare 2017 Thread - A thread about games from LD37 and LD38
Ludum Dare 33 - A thread about LD33 games
Ludum Dare 32 - (I made Time Bomb during LD32)
Ludum Dare 31 - (I made Worm Wars during LD31)
Ludum Dare 30 - (I made Planetary Devourers during LD30)
Ludum Dare 29 - (I made It Came From... Beneath!! during LD29)
Ludum Dare [29] topic for other games - A thread about LD29 games
Ludum Dare 23 - (I made Be Tiny, World! during LD23, and continued to work on it and improve it for years afterward!)
Ludum Dare - Game Programming Challenges

mouser:
Great stuff! This is a good time to vicariously enjoy someone else's project -- keep us updated  :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
Ludum Dare 46 begins in less than 48 hours. The final round of theme voting is currently taking place. The contenders are:

* Dreams
* You are the power source
* Turn a violent genre non-violent
* An abandoned world
* 1 minute to prepare
* Decay
* Side effects
* Fragile
* Outdated technology
* Ruins
* Momentum
* Automation
* Keep it alive
* Garden
* Connections
As usual, none of the finalists are any that I would have chosen. It's kind of a cliche that the theme always sucks. But what I find puzzling is that if the popular opinion is that the theme sucks, how does the theme win the popular vote? Maybe there's just always a vocal minority who hate the theme? :-\

Anyway, I'm gearing up, making sure all my tools are ready and working properly. I've suspended Windows Updates for 7 days to make sure I don't get any surprises or forced reboots in the middle of working on things. I've briefly chatted about potential game ideas for each of the themes, but not anything really specific or concrete.

I'll likely get caught up in the game jam and forgot to post back in this thread until after it's over, so... see you in about a week, maybe!

Deozaan:
The theme is Keep It Alive.

After a little over an hour brainstorming ideas we settled on the basic gameplay idea and after the first ~5 hours we've all gone to bed. I feel things are going pretty well so far, but it always manages to get pretty hectic before the end.

We'll see how it goes.

Edvard:
The theme is Keep It Alive.
-Deozaan (April 18, 2020, 01:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Soooooo.... Tamagotchi?   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version