ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows as a tablet OS

<< < (3/4) > >>

Dormouse:
The Surface pen has much stronger magnetism than the Samsung, so I can see a well working on its own. The Samsung case has a well but needs the flap to protect it from being bumped out.

Having a Book, I never really looked at cases for the tablet alone. Most of those I saw for the Surface Pro seemed designed for the keyboard too. And that's quite a different use concept. I never found the clip very useful.

wraith808:
The one that I have is used with or without the keyboard.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B019TTJHCO/

Dormouse:
Doesn't the pen ever get dislodged when you carry it in a bag with other things? My old Samsung tablet had the pen held at the side using elastic.  That wasn't effective,  but I can see that your case would be much better especially with strong magnetism. With that and the Surface,  I ended up carrying them separately.

wraith808:
Doesn't the pen ever get dislodged when you carry it in a bag with other things? My old Samsung tablet had the pen held at the side using elastic.  That wasn't effective,  but I can see that your case would be much better especially with strong magnetism. With that and the Surface,  I ended up carrying them separately.
-Dormouse (April 01, 2020, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't had that problem with that case.  When I'm walking around with no case, since it's just magnetism, if I put it into a bag then it might happen.  But I mostly keep the case with that well on it, and it clips into it.

Dormouse:
Hardwarewise the Book is excellent-Dormouse (March 31, 2020, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not quite so sure about that now. The right side of the display has unglued itself. No misuse, just been used as part of a workstation set up for a year or two. With extra fan cooling from below, so no overheating either.

Microsoft repair costs mean it would be easier to replace. But neither option is sensible.
See little advantage in a computer repair shop locally.
Which leaves me contemplating a hot hair dryer or double sided tape.

Everything else still works perfectly well. But I obviously need to get a desktop up and running again. My Toshiba laptop isn't powerful enough to run everything I'd want at a reasonable speed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version