ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

LBC Access Violation when selecting node that opens PDF

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
Where do you have LBC installed?

leaves:
The good news is that the issue is simplified, the not so good is the same access violation occurs.

And you're using the latest version of LBC?
--- End quote ---
Yes, the latest. Installed with the setup in: "C:\Program Files(x86)\LaunchBarCommander"

Can you try this: download the portable version and unpack it somewhere and run it (exit your normal LBC); that will give you a new file.
Try dropping adding the pdfs to that new bar.  Let's see if it happens right from the start
--- End quote ---
Closed down existing LBC and installed/run the portable version. Dropped a known good PDF onto the default bar (not via config. window), immediately the same access violation - see below.

Did the same onto the config tree, a different access violation and the tree window pane grays out - see second attachement.

Tried dropping text files, got the same access violation. Tried dropping exe files, works perfectly.

I can't blame my Windows 7 pro because the same error appears with a newly installed windows 10 installation. Can any hints be gained from the access violation address?

mouser:
Tried dropping text files, got the same access violation. Tried dropping exe files, works perfectly.
--- End quote ---

How strange!  Loading the info from EXE is much more complicated and prone to problems then loading form normal files, so this suggests to me it must be a bug in LBC somewhere that just isn't showing up for most people for reasons unknown.
It could be related to a security program blocking access to the files -- or something else.

Let me make a debug version of LBC that tries to identify where the problem is -- I'm sure we can figure this out.

mouser:
Can you try this for me just to see if it gives any more clues:
Open up your LBC configuration and select some node you don't care about.
Now drag and drop a file onto the ICON IMAGE.. Normally this has LBC replace the node icon with the one representing the file you've dropped.  I'm just curious if that also causes an error when you drop pdf/text files onto it.

mouser:
I've send you a private message on the forum with link to debug version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version